Covid 19 has led to unprecedented market volatility and changing consumer demands. This coupled with digital transformation, energy transition and an intense geopolitical landscape r, 2021 changed the face of the industry forever.
A global shift toward environmental accountability, major technological disruptions and unexpected economic activity are all creating exciting opportunities and stark challenges for trading houses, investors, producers, traders, buyers and governments alike.
Reuters Events: Commodities Trading 2021 (9-10th November) will unite industry leaders and experts who are challenging what’s possible and developing innovative and responsible solutions to deliver a better global commodity trading system.
This is the only event in the world providing commodities professionals with the much-needed strategies to tackle the key issues facing the industry such as energy transition, the post covid recovery, ESG and sustainability and digital transformation. Tackling the challenges facing each of these core pillars as one, will deliver what the customers of 2021 are demanding: personalized products, real-time engagement, and seamless service.
- Jeffrey Currie, Global Head of Commodities Research, Goldman Sachs
- Carol Howle, EVP Trading and Shipping, BP
- Torbjörn Törnqvist, Chairman and CEO, Gunvor Group
- Matthew Chamberlain, Chief Executive, London Metal Exchange
- Marco Dunand, CEO, Mercuria Energy Trading
- Chris Mahoney, Chairman, ED&F Man; Former CEO, Glencore Agriculture
- Scott Wellcome , Director, Grains Risk Management, GoodMills Group
- Charlotte Morton, Chief Executive, World Biogas Association
- Maarten Koning, Managing Director, Global Head Trade and Commodity Finance, ING
The Key Pillars of Reuters Events: Commodities Trading 2021
- Are we in a post Covid super cycle? How has the post pandemic effected commodities? Learn how the reopening of society has impacted the commodity value chain and how you can prepare for the 2022 economic climate. How long will the post Covid bounce last? Our industry leading speakers will discuss the outlook for the years to come.
- Global Commodity Trade Perspectives: Discover the now and next of commodity trading. Find out the state of the agricultural, mining and metals, and energy commodities markets. Discover the greatest challenges and opportunities in the current trading climate.
- ESG within the commodities industry: What steps are required to transform the commodities industry to meet the ESG expectations in the modern world? Understand how to combat inefficiencies, enhance reputation, stay compliant and boost sustainability to meet and surpass global ESG standards
- Energy Transition- How will it change the landscape? How will the demand for energy commodities change over time? Demand trends – will the energy transition support or stifle demand? Where is demand expected to grow? Impact of energy transitions on metals markets and food prices.
Want to get involved in this year’s programme? Contact Project Manager Nick Deacon firstname.lastname@example.org